Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Vintage is the new modern

VINTAGE IS THE NEW MODERN

Crosley cruiser briefcase portable turntable (turqoise color): Urban Outfitters
Fujifilm instax210 camera: B&H shop NYC


Hey hey lovelies another good day another blog post. Inspired by my purchases from my recent trip to NYC I decided to blog about a new trend that is spreading everywhere lately from instagram to youtube and twitter. Remember your grandfather's old turntable from the 50's and your parents' polaroid where pictures were developed the moment they were taken? Well today those old and obsolete items are experiencing a second glow era. Remade, polished, "cutified" (yeah that's a word i made up but you can catch my drift :) ) and priced up a bit high, these not-so-obselete items returned to our lives. Mostly appealing to the younger ages, they are an alloy of an old era that makes us nostalgic and a new modern world where gadgets thrive. As a 26 year old girl I never got the chance to experience neither of these items and sadly enough none of my ancestors ever used them. Therefore influenced by the trend around me I jumped on that wagon and got myself two of those old yet new products. First it was the Fujifilm Instax210 camera. My excitement as soon as I saw the pictures develop in front of my eyes is something I cant even describe. There is something thrilling in those few moments you wait for your picture to develop and admire your very own creation. Saying that I do not absolutely love this camera it is a lie. It is adorable and completely functional. The second item I purchased is the beautiful Crosley turntable. Compact style, briefcase look and a lovely turqoise color (one of the many as it comes even in pink!), that turntable balances gracefully between a toy and an actual equipment. It is quite functional with its built in speakers, yet even when it is not used it adds a touch of nostalgia in your room.  Vintage items as the above are very popular among the young people these days and by looking at them and even using them i can understand why. In a time where more evolved gadgets are being created every day, it is good to remember those that preceeded and how much fun it is to use something that is less sophisticated and fast.

What do you guys think about the return of the retro items like the above? Comment down below and share your opinion :))

xxx
Vicky



1 comment:

  1. Very cool post. Retro is indeed in the trend nowadays and it won't be long before we see those guys lugging around those huge boom boxes on their shoulders haha.

    ReplyDelete